Virtual Exhibits Investment Stream
The deadline for receipt of proposals is October 23, 2019 at 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
For the 2019 call for proposals, Canadian museums and heritage organizations are invited to submit proposals for online products to the VMC. All proposals must be submitted by the deadline via email to email@example.com.
The total investment available for this call for proposals is up to two million dollars ($2,000,000).
Online products that receive VMC investment must:
- be produced in both English and French
- be made available online for a period of five years post-launch
- comply with the VMC Technical Specifications
Institutions seeking investment:
- can request a medium-size investment from the VMC of $50,000 to $150,000 per project (excluding applicable taxes), or a large-size investment of $150,000 to $250,000
- can submit more than one proposal in a call for proposals
- must deliver and launch any project they are already working on under either the Virtual Exhibits investment stream or the Community Stories investment stream prior to the closing date of the new call for proposals
- bear the sole responsibility of submitting their proposal(s) in a timely and correct manner prior to the closing date of the call for proposals
Notes: The Canadian Museum of History (CMH), who manages the VMC investment program, will not assume or have transferred to it those responsibilities. All risks and consequences of incorrect submission of proposals are the responsibility of the institution.
All proposals will be treated as confidential, subject to the provisions of the Access to Information Act (Canada) and Privacy Act (Canada) and any other relevant laws and regulations.
Institutions who are awarded an investment:
- enter into an agreement with the CMH, which includes the General Terms and Conditions in the sample contract
The CMH reserves the right to cancel and/or reissue the call for proposals at any time and for whatever reasons. If any addenda are issued prior to the call for proposals closing date, a notice will be posted on the website.
For more information, please contact the Virtual Museum of Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The 2019 call for proposals for the Community Stories investment stream will take place in the Fall of 2019.
Steps to Submit Your Proposal
Only email submissions will be accepted.
Step 1 – Read through the program materials:
- Program Guidelines
- Proposal form – medium investment ($50,000 to $150,000) or large investment ($150,000 to $250,000)
- Budget Template
- Sample Contract (PDF)
- VMC Technical Specifications (PDF)
Step 2 (Optional) – Get early feedback on your project idea
- identify subject, audience(s), storyline, desired visitor/user experience, possible technologies, potential project team – and why your project is important
- complete and submit the Quick Pitch questionnaire by email to email@example.com
- the deadline to submit a quick pitch is July 17, 2019 at 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time
Step 3 – Prepare your submission
- refine your concept
- gather content
- secure your project team
- obtain support letters from others involved in your project
Step 4 – Create and submit your proposal
- complete the proposal form for a medium investment ($50,000 to $150,000) or a large investment ($150,000 to $250,000)
- email the completed proposal form, budget, schedule and any support letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- the deadline for receipt of proposals is October 23, 2019 at 5 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- receive email confirmation from the Virtual Museum of Canada
Once the call for proposals closes, the evaluation process takes six months, including the evaluation by the VMC Advisory Committee.
Proposals delivered after the closing date and time for the call for proposals will not be accepted.
Following a preliminary review, institutions with incomplete applications will be contacted and given the opportunity to respond in a timely manner.
All enquiries concerning this call for proposals must be submitted in writing to the Contracting Authority named below by October 9, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
To ensure consistency and quality of information provided to applicant institutions, general questions and answers will be posted on the VMC website without revealing the source of the enquiry. Answers to questions that are specific to an applicant institution’s proposal will be sent to them and will not be posted on the VMC website.
The Canadian Museum of History
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M8
Attention: Sylvie Parent
A debriefing will be offered to applicant institutions on written request only, and provided the request is received by the CMH within ten (10) days following receipt of the letter of regret. The debriefing will be conducted by telephone. Written summaries of debriefings, and evaluation scores, are not provided.
Date modified: June 2019