An institution submitting a proposal to the Virtual Museum of Canada (VMC) for investment in an online product is expected to demonstrate their own investment, as well as investment by others involved in the project. There is no fixed minimum for this type of investment; nor does it need to be direct financial contribution.
Valid investment includes:
- the value of staff, volunteer or other time dedicated to realizing the project (provided that these costs have not been included under VMC investment )
- the value of the intellectual property being made available to the public without charge. Guidance concerning the formula to be used in calculating this value is provided in Annex B
Note: This in no way implies transfer of ownership of intellectual property or exclusive use. The value assigned represents the fees that might have been paid if the material had been licensed to the VMC.
- the value to promote the online product through institutional newsletters, announcements or other promotional activities. To be eligible, the promotion must clearly credit the VMC investment program. Guidance concerning the formula to be used in calculating this value is provided in Annex B
- the value of in-kind contributions (e.g., equipment and services) by others involved in the project
- financial contributions to the project by the applicant institution and others involved in the project
Date modified: June 2020