The 2020 Call for proposals for the Small investment stream is now OPEN.
The deadline to submit your proposal is November 25, 2020 at 5 pm (EST).
The Small investment stream helps smaller Canadian museums and heritage organizations work with their communities to develop online exhibits, called Community Stories, that engage audiences in the stories, past and present, of Canada’s communities.
For the 2020 Call for proposals, eligible organizations are invited to submit a proposal for an online local history exhibit on the subject of their choice. Exhibits are developed in a custom-built, user-friendly template.
Projects that receive funding through the Small investment stream must be available online in both English and French.
Value of Investment
The VMC invests $15,000 in each awarded project.
Note: In order to attain the expected language quality, and depending on the scope of the project content, the total budget amount dedicated to text preparation should range from $6,000 to $8,000. This includes writing, editing, translation, and comparative editing of both official languages.
Canadian museums and heritage organizations, including equivalent Indigenous peoples’ organizations, are eligible.
To be eligible the institution submitting the proposal must:
- Be administered in the public interest for the primary purpose of collecting, preserving, documenting, interpreting, exhibiting and disseminating physical collections and/or intangible cultural heritage. This includes artistic, scientific, cultural and historical material.
- Operate a permanent establishment or site accessible to the public seasonally or year-round.
- Be an aquarium, archive, art gallery, botanical garden, cultural centre, equivalent Indigenous peoples’ organization, exhibition centre, historic house, historical society, library, museum, planetarium, preservation project or site, professional cultural association or group, zoo or other organization that meets these eligibility requirements.
- Be not-for-profit.
- Not be a member of the Canadian Heritage Portfolio.
- Have no more than five permanent full-time paid staff. Full-time is defined as 30 hours or more of work per week. Institutions that are entirely volunteer-run are also eligible.
- Have completed any previous VMC-funded project prior to the deadline of this call for proposals – November 25, 2020
More detailed information is provided in the Guidelines under Eligibility.
The proposal evaluation process is outlined in the Guidelines. This process takes two months from the submission deadline.
The budget of the Small investment stream is limited, and all eligible proposals are evaluated on a competitive basis.
Learn more (pdf) on how the VMC can help you create an online product.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Date modified: June 2020